Significant opportunity for a talented, data driven manufacturing / continuous improvement engineer at an expanding developer and manufacturer of innovative devices that treat life threatening medical conditions. This growing company offers an exciting and meaningful opportunity in a collaborative work environment, with accomplished leadership and colleagues.
You’ll be responsible for driving continuous improvement activities within the production department. This is accomplished through a hands-on approach to process mapping, root cause analysis, standardization, and implementation of lean manufacturing techniques. The role is highly data driven and requires the use of statical software and multiple problem-solving tools.
- Identify, capture, and prioritize projects for continuous improvement or cost reduction of complex, single use devices that deliver balloons, imaging optics, laser energy, and directional control.
- Participate and/or lead activities related to improving quality, cost, and delivery.
- Resolve problems, with a focus on standardization.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis in response to customer complaints.
- Develop and maintain production related quality metrics.
- Perform manufacturing complaint analysis and trending.
- Collaborate with the Quality Assurance Department and other internal customers and provide a high level of service.
Core Competencies/Skill and Abilities Required:
- Strong sense of urgency, results driven, problem solving skills.
- Mastery of Lean Manufacturing techniques and tools.
- Proficient with Minitab or similar statistical software.
- Focus on continuous improvement and cost reduction.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Excellent organization, communication, and follow-up skills.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- BS in Engineering or equivalent experience and training.
- Experience working in disposable medical devices; other highly regulated industries will be considered.
- 3 to 10 years of related manufacturing engineering, quality engineering, or industrial or engineering experience in a manufacturing environment with complex, critical tolerance products and processes.
- Lean Manufacturing certification or experience is required.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt preferred.
- Proficient Computer skills, including MS Office, Word, and Excel.