Medical device R&D opportunity with a growing medical device company that has developed sophisticated, FDA approved disposables and capital equipment to treat atrial fibrillation, a major cause of cardiac malfunction. The talented mechanical, biomedical or plastics engineer in this high visibility position will have a hands-on role developing complex catheter systems, from their conception to timely launch. He or she will work in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment with seasoned colleagues creating state-of-the art medical devices sold in the US and internationally. The ambitious individual in the position will have ample opportunity for mentoring and professional growth.
- Design novel catheter components and systems, and drive your projects to completion.
- Develop and test product enhancements.
- Initiate, implement, and execute engineering changes to improve disposable devices.
- Develop and maintain specifications and relevant documentation, such as Design History Files.
- Facilitate cross functional communication.
- Provide recommendations on tasks to be prioritized and needed resources.
- BS in Mechanical, Plastics, or Biomedical Engineering, or similar disciplines; an MS is beneficial.
- 3 to 15 years’ industry experience as a medical disposables development engineer.
- Catheter R&D experience is strongly preferred, but other disposable medical device development experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of medical device regulations.
- Experience in maintaining Design History Files.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational skills – thorough and detail oriented.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Excellent reading, writing and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship and people skills.
We regret that visa support or sponsorship is not available for this position.