Significant opportunity for an experienced and successful R&D manager of medical device capital equipment. The position reports to the VP of R&D at an expanding developer and manufacturer of innovative devices that have successfully treated thousands of patients suffering from life threatening cardiac conditions. In this challenging role you’ll manage development of consoles that control complex imaging and energy delivery systems.
This experienced manager will have a leadership role creating product concepts and specifications, managing R&D teams through all the stages of design, development, and scale-up of new products and future enhancements. The range of responsibility includes ideation and invention, solving unique technical challenges, management of suppliers, contributing to the creation of new production methods, and support of regulatory submissions. This broad and challenging position requires knowledge of electronic hardware and software, imaging and measurements systems, and exposure to lasers and/or optics. The Manager of Medical Electronic Systems Development will be the Subject Matter Expert for electronic and electro-optical systems, and work closely with senior management across the company’s functional groups.
- BS or degree advanced in Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- Seven or more years of successful medical device industry product development experience, including project and people leadership roles.
- Demonstrated ability to lead development of complex medical electronic systems from concept to commercialization.
- Experience developing catheter delivered imaging or laser energy delivery is a strongly preferred.
- Strong project management, planning and organization skills.
- Experienced sourcing and managing suppliers and external R&D resources.
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements for Class III device development.