Broad manufacturing engineering opportunity at an expanding supplier of critical medical device components and value added manufacturing processes. In this challenging role you will oversee and assist with day-to-day engineering activities and manufacturing equipment to maintain timely and consistent production and quality standards.
- Assist production in troubleshooting issues on floor within all departments.
- Perform project management activities related to continuous improvement, new equipment, and cost savings
- Create ECOs for engineering changes when needed.
- Create procedures, troubleshooting guides, and documentation for new and existing equipment.
- Maintain Preventive Maintenance system for manufacturing and facility equipment.
- Develop production quality metrics and coordinates data collection.
- Assist with validation and qualifications on new and existing equipment.
- Assist with quoting and prints quote for potential new business.
- Train all appropriate personnel as needed.
- Work with outside vendors for equipment and projects.
- Order spare and replacement parts as needed and maintain safety stock.
- US citizenship or Green Card is required for consideration.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Engineering; an MS or MBA is a plus.
- 3-5 years of manufacturing engineering experience. Medical device industry background is preferred; related industrial experience in medium to high volume process oriented manufacturing environments considered.
- Proficient knowledge and application of ISO9001 / 13485 system requirements.
- Experience in Auto CAD, Visio, and Solid Works.
- Basic electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical knowledge required for troubleshooting and reading blueprints.
- Ability to navigate a computer ERP system, in certain modules, and perform data entry, data retrieval.
- Strong communication skills in dealing with vendors recommended.
- Strong computer skills and database management. Knowledge and use of quality software systems a plus.