Creative opportunity to work at the intersection of science and marketing with a growing medical device company with successful, autologous cell-based products for improved healing of burns and wounds.
Its FDA approved devices and treatment methods are used worldwide and provide a significant advance over other approaches, with benefits in clinical outcomes, ease of use, cost, and shorter hospital stays.
The Medical Science Liaison is a key contributor to the company’s clinical, scientific, and commercial development. This accomplished Ph.D. in this role will develop and maintain relationships with experts in burn and wound care, dermatology and plastic surgery. The MSL will provide the latest data in response to customer inquiries, and interpret and translate academic study results into engaging, persuasive messages.
- Assist with development of company sponsored pre-clinical and clinical study protocols that demonstrate key product benefits, and provide feedback on IDE protocols.
- Engage with providers and review investigator-initiated scientific and clinical research protocols.
- Work with internal and external pre-clinical and clinical research resources to support of pre-market and post-market initiatives.
- Support commercial team with translation of clinical and scientific information into marketing and education tools.
- Help with translation of MD customer needs into medically relevant product design specifications.
- Promote conference abstract submissions, support podium and poster presentations and perform oversight of publication planning and journal manuscript submissions.
- Respond to customer inquiries and network for peer-to-peer communication.
- Assist with review of marketing materials and provide sales training and field activity support.
- Attend conferences to gather competitive and scientific information with implications for the clinical development of the company’s products.
- PhD in medically focused life sciences or public health field.
- US citizenship or Permanent Resident status.
- 5+ years of directly relevant commercial experience in medical devices or pharmaceuticals.
- Strong background in medical writing (study protocols, abstracts, posters, and manuscripts).
- Pre-clinical and clinical research experience in wound healing or regenerative medicine.
- Experience in management of soft tissue injuries and/or dermatological diseases preferred.
- Be able to travel to professional conferences and corporate meetings up to 40%, as needed.