Exciting career opportunity with a growing company that has developed successful autologous cell-based devices for improved healing of burns and wounds. Its FDA approved products and treatment methods are used worldwide and provide a significant advance over historic standards of care, with benefits in clinical outcomes, cost, shorter hospital stays, and simplicity of use.
The company’s commitment to ongoing product development has created a terrific professional opportunity for an accomplished Ph.D. research scientist with a background in regenerative medicine, stem cell biology, or bioengineering applicable for wound or burn healing, or related areas.
- Research mechanisms of action, support new product development, and conduct exploratory research for future products in regenerative medicine, wound care, and burn treatment.
- Collaborate with and manage external research activities at academic and contract research labs.
- Design and execute pre-clinical studies with CROs and academic partners.
- Initiate and manage projects through final reports; drive their prioritization, time and work activities.
- Evaluate and institute new technologies for qualitative and quantitative analysis related to cellular suspension and re-epithelialization.
- Provide scientific support and collaborate with new product development teams.
- Support Medical Affairs team with translation of scientific information into marketing and educational tools.
- Interpret and communicate scientific information to internal stakeholders.
- D. in stem cell or molecular biology, biomolecular engineering or closely related fields.
- Five + years’ experience in pre-clinical research in cell biology as applied to regenerative medicine, tissue engineering, wound healing, histology, or related areas.
- US citizenship or Permanent Resident status.
- Experience with DOE and statistical analyses and the ability to independently design, execute, and analyze cell-based experiments to characterize mechanism of action.
- Knowledge of aseptic technique, blood borne pathogens, and GLP.
- Ability to work independently, and as a member of a team.
- Scientific writing (study protocols, study reports, abstracts, posters, and manuscripts).
- Leadership experience.
- Ability to travel for collaboration and management of external research, professional conferences, and corporate meetings.