Growing medical device company with seasoned management, robust technical, financial, IP foundations, and strong clinical ties. The Senior EE in this innovative young company will be responsible for organizing and completing electrical system and embedded software design tasks to meet project milestones. This includes defining and writing electrical system technical requirements for new products, performing electrical designs, and designing, documenting, implementing and testing embedded software.
- Perform electrical development, design, V&V, and modification of medical devices, including creating supporting documentation to ensure compliance in an FDA regulated industry.
- Design, modify and implement PCBAs using analog, digital & power electronics circuits for system level integration of electronic subsystems in high power medical lasers.
- Use best software development practices to design and develop reliable and maintainable software for embedded real-time control systems used in commercial products.
- Develop embedded software for medical laser systems and accessories, manufacturing test fixtures, and R&D prototypes, including planning, prototyping, designing, verifying, validating, integrating, and documenting software designs.
- Develop software requirements, architectures, and detailed designs, perform software configuration management, and build and release source code.
- Implement embedded solutions and algorithms to enable optomechanical and electromechanical system operations including feedback control and hardware and software interface communications.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years’ experience in a system design environment.
- 5+ years’ experience designing embedded system firmware for commercialized products, preferably in the medical device field.
- Competence designing analog & digital circuits.
- Experience developing medical devices in an ISO and FDA regulated environment is required, including familiarity with IEC 60601 and IEC 62304 standards.
- Schematic capture and PCB layout with Altium Designer. Experience with other ECAD tools will be considered.
- Experience in selecting, interfacing, and writing drivers for low level hardware and sensors.
- Proficient at debugging low level code.
- Proficiency with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, current probes, and other lab equipment and tools.
- Familiarity with ARM architectures, preferably STMicroelectronics 32-bit microcontrollers.
- Familiarity with serial interfaces such as I2C, SPI, UART, Ethernet, USB, CAN, etc.
- Exposure to a variety of actuators and sensors.
- Strong programming skills in C (and C++).
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction.
- Experience in design for electromagnetic and safety compliance to include familiarity with EMC/Safety testing.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.