Creative senior engineering opportunity with leader in medical and industrial laser systems and assemblies. Do you thrive in a multi-disciplinary team environment? If that’s the case you’d enjoy being a vital part of a cohesive group developing precision opto-mechanical and electro-mechanical components for LASER beam delivery systems. This is a challenging, hands-on role utilizing a broad range of skills with complete product development exposure. The position offers the opportunity to be close to the technology, with the resources of a global, growing company.
- Design and development of laser beam delivery components for laser systems.
- Design from concept to final product including layouts, details, BOMs, procedures and test plans.
- Build and qualify prototypes.
- Create and execute tests and tooling for design verification/validation.
- Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs.
- Create and release production support documentation.
- Project status reporting.
- BS or MS Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years’ industrial experience in optical scanning systems, laser processing heads, medical opto-mechanical devices and systems, optical storage drives, or related precision opto-mechanical devices.
- SolidWorks proficiency.
- Functional knowledge of manufacturing and fabrication processes.
- Efficient design and development organizational skills.
- Clear written and verbal communication.