Growing medical device company with seasoned management, robust technical, financial, and IP foundations, and strong clinical ties. The company is developing a paradigm shifting minimally invasive solution which will expands its market in outpatient settings. We are looking for a talented and motivated individual to be an integral member of the R&D team. He or she will be a key contributor to development of early prototype and commercial products, and play multiple roles in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop machine vision user interfaces and algorithm pipelines for processing high resolution visual image data targeted to appropriate hardware (general purpose CPU, GPU, FPGA) for target identification and discrimination.
- Develop means to move data securely from image capture systems to a cloud repository in anticipation of further processing.
- Explore and develop means to incorporate machine learning for the processing of image data for the purpose of characterizing and discriminating features.
- Contribute and implement system and software architectures, and domain level designs.
- Design and development of software test methods to be used in V&V activities.
- Test and troubleshoot the software and its interfaces within the target system.
- Lead problem solving efforts to identify root cause and proposed fixes for defects.
- Participate in software development life cycle activities including risk management.
- Support system integration and usability testing activities.
- BS or advanced degree in Software, Electrical, Computer Engineering, or equivalent areas.
- Seven plus years of industry experience developing product software; equivalent academic experience may be considered.
- Strong programming expertise in C++/C, python, and C#, as well as configuration management using tools such as SVN and git.
- Experience with machine vision, image processing, and segmentation utilizing libraries such as OpenCV, ITK, and VTK.
- Experience with hardware acceleration of image processing algorithms such as CUDA and OpenCL.
- Professional or academic experience must include developing image processing systems.
- Working knowledge of machine learning desired (TensorFlow, GAN, CNN, etc.).
- Familiarity with mobile application development desirable.
- Working knowledge of “best practices” in the development of software for medical devices inclusive of applicable standards such as IEC 62304, or software development in another regulated industry.
- Start-up experience or experience in a fast-paced development environment is a must.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.