Great opportunity to join a successful leader and developer of devices that deliver critical therapy to patients in acute care and home care settings. The highly experienced engineer in this high profile role will design disposables devices for respiratory support. Responsibilities include writing specifications for plastic part design, building prototypes, and performing validation testing of new products under development.
- Project Management and technical leadership in disposables product development.
- Perform plastic part design, build and maintain CAD models of in a PDM system, with design controls.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team, including external resources, to develop and release new products.
- Design, build and test prototypes to verify that design concepts meet intent.
- Work with Manufacturing and suppliers to optimize parts for manufacturing.
- Author and execute V&V test protocols; document tests, analysis, and designs in a clear and concise manner.
- Develop and write Engineering Change Orders.
- Contribute to and protect company Intellectual Property.
- Interact with other departments, addressing cross functional challenges, communicating and resolving issues.
- Ensure device adherence to industry Standards.
- BS in Mechanical, Plastics, or Manufacturing Engineering, or Equivalent.
- 5-10 years’ experience in a plastics product development environment, preferably in medical devices.
- Exceptional skills in a 3D CAD environment, preferably in a SolidWorks EPDM environment.
- Experience with molding, extrusion and similar technologies, and prototype fabrication,.
- Experience in project management, scheduling, and design control.
- Experience with software and tools such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Project