Prime opportunity with an established company that enjoys a well-deserved reputation for successfully developing and commercializing life-saving cardiovascular device systems. The experienced Systems Engineer in this role will ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer requirements and performance requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. The successful systems engineer will apply his or her engineering expertise to deliver solutions for complex Research and Development efforts. The range of responsibilities includes organizing effective technical approaches, leading other engineers, investigating and resolving outstanding issues, defining device operations, and validating systems designs and products.
- Lead interdisciplinary development programs, and communicate progress and issues to senior managers
- Plan and execute the technical strategy to deliver project and department goals; gather information, frames problems, capture requirement, design solutions, define behaviors, investigate issues, evaluate trade-offs, and validate output. Apply skills to planning product development work.
- Develop and apply a deep understanding of designated systems and serve as a subject matter expert for the development team regarding behaviors, implementation trade-offs, satisfaction of customer needs, clinical applications, and the applicable technologies required to solve problems and deliver upon objectives. Participate in broad cross-functional reviews of work output.
- Foster collaboration, successfully influence stakeholders, and communicate effectively with cross-functional teams, platform architects and other leaders to drive work to completion and resolve issues.
- Innovate within program work to improve the organization, solve technical challenges, and develop IP.
- BS or MS in mechanical, electrical, bio-mechanical, or systems engineering.
- Six plus years of progressively responsible product development experience, preferably in medical device.
- Demonstrated ability to apply an expert understanding of systems, to bring tasks to resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively integrate information from varied disciplines including Clinical Medicine, Engineering, Marketing and Regulatory Affairs.
- Experience with wireless communication systems preferred.
- Ability to leverage or engage others to accomplish projects in a highly matrixed business environment.
- Ability to work on a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications ability to work at effectively t multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to travel approximately 10%, including internationally.