Would you like to be a principal contributor to the development of life sustaining medical device capital equipment? You could be at a highly successful, growing company with critical therapeutic devices. As Systems Engineer you’ll specify and develop creative solutions for the electronic packaging, air and fluid movement, power, heat and sound management, and enclosure design of instrumentation. You’ll work in an interdisciplinary environment and collaborate with colleagues in the Marketing, Quality, Regulatory and Production departments to support product development from concept through transfer to manufacturing.
- Develop system and component-level specifications for capital equipment, including electronic packaging.
- Plan and execute bench-level experiments.
- Develop and manage verification methodologies and activities.
- Manage external sub-system development.
- Liaise with compliance-testing labs.
- Organize technical design reviews and maintain the project Design History File.
- Manage the fabrication and evaluation of device prototypes.
- Support the transition of devices from development to the production environment.
- BS or MS in Electrical, Biomedical Engineering or Physics.
- Minimum three years of experience; strong internship experience will be considered.
- Creative problem solver, able to apply analytical and intuitive skills.
- Comfortable working through problems on the bench.
- Successful experience with the design and development of electromechanical systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Medical device design experience, and familiarity with IEC 60601-1 is a plus.
- Experience with Altium designer or PADS PCB is a plus.